Friday, June 20, 2014

Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls


I can’t begin to tell you how much food is being consumed in my house right now! I swear Man-Child has a hollow leg or something. Every time I turn around I hear “I’m starving, what can I eat?” The other day within 20 minutes of eating Breakfast he was asking about Lunch?! And I’m sure that it’s only going to be worse after next week when he starts football conditioning.

I’m sort of jealous that I can’t eat this way and not gain a million pounds. I mean it’s really not fair! I think I just smell this stuff and gain weight! But I still have to have food for him to eat right?

I’ve been baking/cooking up a storm to have options for him. And these Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls are great for him to grab in the morning or as a snack later in the day!

When I saw this recipe for Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls I knew I had to try it. I mean it’s like two of my favorite desserts all rolled (wink wink) into one! I also liked that it is a quick cinnamon roll recipe instead of one that takes forever to rise!

I decided to switch it up a little and used some things from the original recipe and then I also used my recipe for Cinnamon Rolls.


Ingredients:


3-4 cups Bisquick

1 ¼ cups Milk

1 egg

1/2 cup Cocoa Powder

¼ cup Sugar

2 tsp Cinnamon

½ cup Brown Sugar

¼ cup Butter, melted



1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
Frosting:

Cream Cheese Frosting
Mini Chocolate Chips 

Directions:

Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, stir Bisquick, sugar, milk and egg until dough forms. Place dough on surface sprinkled with additional Bisquick; knead 5 times. Roll dough into 16x12- inch rectangle. Brush with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter; sprinkle evenly with brown sugar mixture then sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the brown sugar. Starting at short side, roll up tightly; pinch edge of dough to seal well. Cut into 1 1/2-inch slices. In pan, place slices, cut sides down. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Top with frosting and mini chocolate chips.


                                                                    Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment