Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Spice Tin Magnet


We had such a busy weekend of cleaning and purging stuff from our house for our upcoming PCS! The good thing about moving every few years is that it prevents you from being a Hoarder! I think I have a few hoarder tendencies, especially where books are concerned! We did manage to get rid of a few things this weekend including the rocking chair we got when Drew was a baby! That was hard to let go! It's broken though and not salvageable so it has to go!

I think sometimes its hard to let things go because you think well I could use that for something one day! The problem is that "one day" often doesn't happen for years and years or maybe ever!

My Fridge is a little crazy

In an effort to not be hoarder ;) and to reuse something that I had, I decided to make an empty spice tin into a pen holder for my fridge!

Materials:

Spice Tin/ Tea Tin, empty and clean

2 colors of paint

Stencil

Magnet

E6000 glue

Directions:

Paint the tin in the color you want the saying or design to show up in (in my case black). Let dry completely. Place stencil on top of the tin. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out my saying that I bought from the Silhouette Online Store. I rubbed my nails over the letters to make sure they were really stuck on there well. I then sprayed the Red paint over top of everything. (my paint bubbled up a little but I left it I kind of liked how it made it distressed) Let dry again completely. Very carefully peel the design off. On the back of the tin apply a strip of magnet with E6000. Let dry and you are ready to hang it on the fridge!

*I reused my magnet as well, You know how you get all those advertising magnets well I've saved (not hoarded) mine over the years and I knew that I would use them one day ;)


                                                                     Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment