Friday, February 7, 2014

Healthy Desserts: Avocado Chocolate Pudding



I love AVOCADOS! In Guacamole, on sandwiches, in salads, with tuna salad, seriously love them, however I've never used them in a dessert? But I've seen lots of recipes for making a pudding with it,which to be honest doesn't sound all that great. I am on a quest however to eat better and sometimes that means trying new recipes and if they happen to end up being delicious well then it's a win-win!

You may be wondering if this is a win-win situation, well sort of. It was good, not great but good and if you are really trying to be healthy this is defiantly an alternative. For me I think the honey is the wrong sweetener, maybe agave would've been better? And make no mistake you can still taste the avocado. The Hubster liked it he ate his whole bowl full, Man-Child didn't like it at all and I was on the fence. It was good but I felt like it was missing something? It had the right texture for pudding but the flavor was just a little off. I for sure plan on trying it again and switching some things up! I'll let ya know when I do!

Here's what you'll need:

2 ripe avocados

2TBSP Coco Powder

1/8cup Milk

2TBSP Honey

1oz semi sweet chocolate chips, melted

1tsp Vanilla

Pinch of Salt

Here's how you make it:

Remove the skin and pit from the Avocados, place into a food processor and purée until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until combined, and creamy, scraping down the side as needed. Continue to purée for about 2 minutes. Serve Immediatly.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment