Monday, February 17, 2014

Healthy Meals: Chicken Fajitas


On this quest of mine to eat better which in turn means loosing weight, sometimes I feel like I am having to give up my favorite things. Like Mexican food. It's not traditionally the healthiest food out there. It is probably no definitely my favorite food! I seriously could eat it every day! Usually something with gooey melted cheese on it! Of course that doesn't help the number on the scale go down at all nor is is great for any other aspect of my health. But it is sooo good! Anyway, in order to still get all the yummy flavors I want I need to make healthier options!

One of those healthier options is Fajitas! They are so great! It's all the yummy-ness from Mexican food that I love with out all the extra calories that don't love me back! 

You can choose to have the fajitas with or without a tortilla without is a little more calorie friendly, but I don't think a tortilla will ruin your diet either! 

Here's what you'll need:

2-3 Chicken Breasts

Bell Peppers (I used the mini sweet peppers)

1/2 Onion, Sliced

2 tsp Fajita Seasoning

Fajita Seasoning:

1/2 tsp Garlic Powder

1/2 tsp Onion Powder

1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper

2 tsp Chili Powder

1/2 tsp Cumin

1 tsp Paprika

1 tsp Salt

1 tsp Sugar


Here's how you make it:

Slice chicken into strips. Slice Peppers into rings or strips, removing the stem and seeds. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Spray with Cooking spray, add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides. Add in the peppers and onions, sprinkle the fajita seasoning over the top and stir to combine. Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, and the onions are translucent. 

Serve with salsa and tortillas(optional)

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment