Monday, July 21, 2014

Blackberry Sun Tea


I can’t believe that they have school supplies out already in all the stores, I feel like summer is just getting to the good part, and yet it’s almost over. Soon we will be back to school lunches and football games and falling leaves and apple cider… which really I mean won’t be that bad. But I’m trying to enjoy this crazy warm summer that we’ve been having this year and I’m not really ready for it to be almost over!


I still want to sit outside and sip iced cold sun tea and feel the warmth of the sun on my face! And with all that in mind I decided to JAZZ up my regular Sun Tea! I like my Sun Tea just plain usually no sugar no lemon no honey just good ol’ Sun Tea. But I saw this recipe on Pinterest for Raspberry Sun Tea and while the link for it ended going nowhere I decided to try to make a recipe for it subbing in blackberries for the raspberries.


It ended up being really good and refreshing!

Ingredients:

Sun Tea (4-5 tea bags to 1 gallon of water)
2 cups Blackberries
½ cup Sugar
Ice




Directions:

In a small bowl combine the berries and Sugar and smash up the berries. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for a few hours to bring out the juices of the berries. Strain the berries to remove the seeds (I didn’t do this because I couldn’t find my mesh strainer) In a drinking glass add ice, 2-3 TBSP of the Berry’s and Top with the Sun Tea, stir and enjoy.



ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment