Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fall Burlap Wreath



Have you all settled into your school routines? I’m still struggling with the getting up so much earlier! It’s tough! I’m even a morning person and I’m having a hard time with it! I’ve never been one to drink coffee on a daily basis and it has become an every morning thing! Some mornings it takes two cups to make me feel like I’m ready to go!

I am enjoying all the alone time though, at first I was like WHAT AM I GONNA DO ALL DAY? But now (6 weeks into the school year) I’m getting into my groove! We have about 4 more weeks of football and then Drew will be home earlier and I will have to figure out a new routine! In the meantime I plan on getting a bunch of stuff done!


This week I finally finished a wreath that I’ve been working on for the last month! It’s a bubble wreath using burlap. I’d seen them on Pinterest a million times and I really wanted to try to make one! I had to look at a few different tutorials and then I just kind of did it the way that worked best for me! I’m really happy with the results too.


Materials Used:
Wire Wreath Frame
4 rolls of burlap
Floral wire
Flowers

Directions:
I folded the burlap in half and attached it to the wreath frame using floral wire. I attached it on a different level of the frame each time. I varied the length of the burlap as well. When it was finished I attached the flowers using the floral wire. I also attached a few of the leaves from the flower stem using the wire in the leaves to secure it to the frame.



Enjoy

5 comments: