Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Biscuits

I posted this recipe last year but thought it was the perfect time of year to share it again!
 I think I may need to whip up a batch too!


 The other day I saw a recipe on Pioneer Woman for pumpkin cinnamon rolls. They sounded so good but I really didn't have the time to make regular cinnamon rolls, nor did I want to wait that long to eat them! I decided to see if I could tweak the the Cinnamon Roll Biscuits I made this past summer. It's super easy too even easier than the regular recipe!

Ingredients:

3-4 cups Bisquick

1/4 cup Sugar

1 can Pumpkin Purée

1/4 cup Butter, melted

3/4 cup Brown Sugar

1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon 

1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

Frosting:

1 8oz package Cream Cheese

1 cup Powdered Sugar

b 1 tsp Vanilla


Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine the Pumpkin, and Bisquick until pumpkin is thoroughly mixed in and dough ball has formed. Scoop out the dough onto a lightly flowered surface. Sprinkle with flour and roll out into a 16x12 in rectangle. Brush 2 TBSP of the melted butter over the dough. Then combine the spices and brown sugar and spread them over the dough. Roll the doughStarting at short side, roll up tightly; pinch edge of dough to seal well. Cut into 1 1/2-inch slices. In pan, place slices, cut sides down. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan. In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and whipping cream until smooth. Spread glaze over rolls. Serve warm

4 comments:

  1. These look delicious! What a great idea to use biscuit mix, I had no idea that would work. I'm going to try it with gluten-free Bisquick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea I've never tried the gluten free mix, let me know how they turn out!

      Delete
    2. yum! I tried the recipie & added raisens.... verry good!!!!
      Thank you

      Delete
    3. That sounds really good! I bet adding nuts would make it super delicious!

      Delete