Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly


 To me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are just a classic, and since we are back in the swing of things with school I thought I would share this great way to eat the classic PB&J!

(On a totally random side note, do any of you have kiddos old enough to remember the show PB and J Otter? I always liked that one!)

 I mean what’s not to love right? Well unless you don’t like peanut butter, actually my oldest nephew doesn’t, which is CRAZY town to me and of course I guess people with peanut allergies probably don’t like it ok, ok so there are people who don’t like it but well I do! I thought I would do a little twist on the classic sandwich, and make it a Grilled PB&J. Like grilled cheese but well not of course.


My Mom actually made this for us when she came to visit last year. I’d never even thought of doing it and it was so good! The peanut butter gets all gooey and just awesome.

Here’s what you’ll need:

2 slices Bread (just use your favorite)
Peanut Butter
Jelly
Butter, softened

Here’s how you make it:

Heat a skillet over medium heat, while it’s heating up cover the outside of the bread with butter. Spread the inside with Peanut Butter and Jelly, how much is up to you. Put the two pieces of bread together Peanut Butter to Jelly of course, butter on the outside. Place in the skillet and cook until golden brown, flip and continue to cook until both sides are golden brown. Serve warm, my favorite is with regular potato chips!


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment