Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Chinese New Year: Sweet and Sour Chicken



If you've been following my blog for the last few years you know we LOVE Chinese food and you know that we celebrate Chinese New Year! Its one of our fun little traditions. I use the term celebrate loosly too. We celebrate it by eating Chinese Food and watching a movie like Kung Fu Panda. In case you're new to my blog here are a few of the recipes I've shared in the past!


                                                                    Chinese Noodles


                                                               Fortune Cookies


                                                     Spaghetti Squash Chinese Noodles


Do you have a favorite Homemade Chinese Food Dish? My favorite homemade Chinese is Sweet and Sour Chicken! I'd never even attempted to make it on my own until a few years ago when my Friend Stacey made it for me! I COULD. NOT. BELIEVE. how easy and good it was. honestly I like it better than take out! It's just so good! She found it on Pinterest of course! Its all over the place now. So I thought I would share mine with you!

*note no pictures because I forgot to add the SUGAR!!! I'll update it with pictures next time I make it! But it's still a great recipe and I recommend you try it this Chinese New Year!

Ingredents:

  • 3-4 Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless
  • 1 cup Cornstarch
  • 2 Eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup Canola Oil
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • Sweet and Sour Sauce
  • 3/4 cup Sugar
  • 4 TBSP Ketchup
  • 1/2 cup White Vinegar
  • 1 TBSP Soy Sauce
  • 1 tsp Garlic Powder
  • Directions:
    • Start by preheating your oven to 325° degrees. Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into chunks. In a Zip top bag add the salt and pepper and the Cornstarch, add the cut up chicken and close the bag, shake it to cover all the chicken. then dip the pieces of Chicken into the eggs.
    • Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and pan-fry chicken pieces just until slightly browned but not cooked through. Place chicken in a 9×13-inch greased baking dish.
    • Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Pour evenly over the chicken. Bake chicken for one hour, uncovered. During the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.
    • Serve immediately.
    • *Tip I always double the Sweet and Sour Sauce!
    •                        Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment