Monday, May 27, 2013

Spaghetti Squash Chinese Noodles


A few months ago I made Chinese Noodles get the recipe here, and then I was thinking how can this be made healthier? I mean after all I am trying to be healthier right? So if I can take one of our favorite dishes and make it better for us then we all win! I decided to switch out the pasta for Spaghetti Squash. I’ve tried Spaghetti Squash before and I like it sort of. It’s hard sometimes to get it to the right consistency. I don’t like my regular pasta al dente I like it a little softer. So the Squash to me is usually al dente. Which is fine but, not my preference. However I don’t want slimy squash either. I think that by first baking the squash and then cooking it again with the veggies it gets a little tenderer.

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 Spaghetti Squash

½ head Cabbage

½ bag of Broccoli Slaw

3-4 TBSP Soy Sauce

½ tsp Fish Sauce

½ tsp Sesame Oil

1 TBSP Butter

 1 tsp Garlic Powder (or 1 clove fresh garlic, minced)

1 tsp Onion Powder (or 1 onion, chopped)

Pepper, to taste







Here’s how you make it:

Start off by roasting the Squash at 350 for about 30minutes or until a fork cuts easily into the squash. Meanwhile cut up the cabbage. When the Squash is done roasting let it cool for about 15minutes. Then shred it with a fork removing all the squash, set it aside.  Place a large skillet over medium heat add in the cabbage and a little water (about 1-2 TBSP) add in the butter as well as the broccoli slaw mix, sauté until they are fork tender.  Then add in the rest of the ingredients including the Squash. If using fresh onion and garlic go ahead and add them in with the cabbage. Let cook for about 10 minutes until all the flavors have combined. You can serve it as is or over rice.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment