Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Childs Apron


As a little girl I was always in the kitchen “helping” my Mom. She started my sister and me cooking at a young age. Even my Grandma’s would get us in the kitchen when we would go visit. Whether it was rolling out dough for a pie or making a batch of chocolate chip cookies we had a hand in it. And the best part was enjoying the goodies that we had helped create! I think getting kids into the kitchen learning how to cook is so important and love it when Man- Child wants to help me cook or now even cook on his own! My niece is starting to help my Sister in the kitchen and I thought that she needed an apron! I found these cute Dishtowel and Potholder sets at Wal-Mart and thought they would make such a cute apron for a little girl!

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 Dishtowel

1 rectangle Potholder

Coordinating Ribbon

Thread

 





Here’s how you make it:

Cut the Dishtowel in half. Cut the ribbon to be twice the size of the dishtowel. Pin the ribbon onto the Dishtowel so that the right sides are together leaving an equal length of ribbon on each side. Sew the ribbon onto the Dishtowel. Then place the Potholder in the center of the towel, pin it into place. Then sew the ribbon onto the Potholder. Next tie a length of ribbon onto the loop of the Potholder making sure it is long enough to tie around the Childs neck.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. That's so cute, she's going to love it, and I have a feeling that we are going to have to make a few more, so she has many to choose from! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I need to get it in the mail! So easy to make! Maybe a sewing project for her too?

      Delete