Friday, May 31, 2013

Resolution Update:Lemonade



How are the rest of you doing on your New Years Resolutions? Anyone still keeping up with them or have you let them go by the wayside? I'm attempting to keep up with mine! Here's my progress...

Organization:
If you saw Wednesday's post you saw that I got some organization done! YAY! This next month I would like to organize my Master Bathroom and the Kitchen! It's kinda of a big task, the kitchen anyway! We  I have so many gadgets and gizmos that I need to really think about what I need and only keep that! Or maybe if it isn't something that I use regularly I can regulate it to another part of the house, like the garage!

Quality Time:
Man-Child and I went to see Star Trek and then went to lunch and then did a little shopping. It was really nice. This next month I am trying to get a list together of things we want to do this summer. A Summer Bucket List if you will. We'll see how that works out! 
Getting Healthy:
I joined to YMCA back in January before the Hubster left, but I've just started a new program they have. It's a 12 week program that gives you a different workout every day. You check back in with a trainer once a month to see how you are progressing. I'm on week 3 and I am making it to the Y 4 days a week. I'm trying for 5 but that just hasn't worked out yet! I haven't seen any numbers moving on the scale BUT I am feeling stronger and that's what counts right? RIGHT? So I thought I would share a nice refreshing drink that is sort of healthy (in that it's homemade and doesn't have any icky weird things in it)

It’s starting to be that time of year when a nice refreshing drink is so appreciated! I love freshly squeezed lemonade! It just screams SUMMER to me and since Memorial Day unofficially marks the beginning of Summer it’s time to get squeezin’ and enjoy some lemonade!


Here’s what you’ll need:

Lemons about 10 juiced

½-1 cup of sugar (depends on how sweet you want it! I use ½ cup)

½-1 cup water (this is for the simple syrup so it depends on the sugar)

3-4 cups Cold Water





Here’s how you make it:

Juice your lemons, I used my juicer! You need about a cup of lemon juice. In a small sauce pan combine your sugar and water (equal parts) and heat until sugar is combined, it takes just a few minutes. Let cool slightly. Pour Juice and simple syrup into a pitcher, add in 3-4 cups of cool Water and stir. You can serve immediately over ice or let it chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes!

ENJOY!                         

No comments:

Post a Comment