Monday, June 3, 2013

Honey Mustard


I was going to try and make Honey Mustard from scratch; you know using whole mustard seeds that I would grind up with my mortar and pestle? Well I couldn’t find any whole mustard seeds. Then I decided I would make it using the already ground mustard. I mean it was easy to find and I figured I could make it work. The original recipe I was using said it made 4 8oz jars of mustard, well I didn’t what that much so I thought I could reduce the recipe. Ok I have to admit something here; I’m not great at math. I mean like really really terrible at it actually. SO I guess I did something wrong I added WAY too much water and my mustard was looking more like a really thin watery sauce so I threw that out and started over. I decided to just use already prepared Country Dijon Mustard and Honey. It tastes great and was so much easier. Oh and the whole reason I decided I needed to try and make my own mustard? This cute set of condiment jars that jumped into my cart at Target!

Here’s what you’ll need:

3-4 heaping TBSP of Dijon Mustard

½ cup Honey           


Here’s how you make it:

Combine honey and mustard in a small bowl and mix until combined. THAT’S IT! I know its super easy but well sometimes that’s a good thing right? Pour into a cute jar and it’s all ready to serve at your next cookout! It would be great on Hotdogs or even with pretzels! YUM!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment