Friday, June 28, 2013

Resolution Update: Rum Punch





I am so happy with the fact that I am still working on my New Year’s Resolutions 6 months into the year. Usually by now I’ve totally given up on them!


I am still working on my Organization and I still need to work on my Kitchen and Master Bath. With the end of the school year craziness I didn’t manage to complete either of those tasks. I have thought about them a lot, and I keep wondering if I should throw out stuff from my Kitchen or just reorganize it. I mean some of the stuff I have I’ve rarely used but well you never know I might need it again! I know it’s the stuff the T.V show Hoarders is based on.

Man-Child and I have had a couple of Movie Dates and we are planning some cool things for the summer! He is joining me during the week now at the YMCA so we get to work out together which is great!

I have been working out so hard at the Y! I am really proud of my dedication! I’ve been going 5 days a week and at my last check in appointment I hadn’t lost any weight but I had lost .5% body fat, which isn’t as much as I want but it’s still a loss so I will take it! I go back in for my 2nd check in next week and I’m excited to see if any progress has been made! My nutrition hasn’t been as great as I want, but it’s getting there. It is a daily struggle sometimes to make the decision to eat something healthy instead of something easy/fattening!

So I know this drink isn’t really healthy probably not at all. I’m sure you could healthify if you wanted to but I was trying to recreate a drink I had on my Honey Moon. If you read Wednesday’s post(HERE) you saw that we celebrated our 14th Anniversary this week. And even though the Hubster isn’t home right now I wanted to bring back a little of the memories from that time! We went to Mexico for our Honey Moon and while we were there we went on this little day cruise. It was so much fun, we snorkeled, fished, swam in the ocean relaxed in the sun, and had a few drinks. I had Rum Punch and it was soooo YUMMY! I thought it would be fun to make it. This recipe is pretty close to what I had there. Oh and tip to the wise, order your drinks without ice when you are in Mexico! ;)


Here’s what you’ll need:


1 cup grenadine syrup (I didn't have any and the store was out so I used the cherry juice)

2 1/2 cups White Rum

1/2 cup Coconut Rum

2 cups pineapple juice

2 cups orange juice

Orange slices (I couldn't find a good orange to save my life)

Maraschino cherries

Pineapple wedges

                                





Here’s how you make it:

Combine the different Rum’s with the Juice, stir. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve over ice with an orange slice, pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry. If you end up with some left just put it in a mason jar or other container and refrigerate. It should keep for a few days! 

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment