Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Picture Frame Re-Do


If you happen to follow me on facebook you might remember a post I made about trying to decide if I wanted to paint my brown wooden picture frames different colors or black. I’ve been really indecisive about this.

We actually have been in this house for almost 2 years and we don’t have any family pictures up because I can’t decide what I want. At first we were going to just get all new frames. Then I was like that’s crazy right let’s just paint them black! Then I was like wait what if they were all different colors? I’m sure the Hubster was pulling his hair out by this time, and meanwhile our walls are empty, plain and boring off white. This is what ultimately led to my decision to paint them wait for it... multiple colors!

Part of being an Army Family is that we move, and we move A LOT! And every house is always painted off white or white inside. And while some places will let you paint I always figure it’s silly to do it when we are going to be moving in a year or two. Especially when you figure in that you are going to have to paint it back to the original color before you leave. The expense and time needed for that just isn’t worth it to me. Anyways, that’s why I decided that colored frames would be great!

I choose to spray paint them 4 different colors, Orange, Blue, Red, and Green. I chose the spray paint that had primer already added so I wouldn't need to do numerous coats. Except for the Green they didn't have any in stock in the color I wanted so I just went with regular Spray Paint. It took 3 coats for the Red and Blue and 5 coats for the Green and Orange. I'm not sure why the orange needed so many but it did. I plan to add in black frames as we add photos to the collection. Partly because 4 is an even number and I have this thing about decorating stuff needing to be odd numbers. I know it’s weird I just think it’s more pleasing to the eye. Maybe I’m just a little neurotic who knows!

I had 18 frames to paint which meant that I had to paint more of one color. And that my friends was an easy choice, in our house the color Red wins out every time!

I also have to mention that now that they are all painted and the photos put back in them I'm wondering if I should have done something a little less vibrant and also a little less primary colorish. I don't know! See how indecicive I am! Maybe once I get them up on the walls! 

Here are the Frames Before

During

After
I know they should be on the walls but I am still trying to configure the layout! I will post an update when I do!

And yes it is kind of an homage to Man-Child, the joys of having an Only! 

I think that we will probably buy future frames in black and that way we will have the splashes of color intermingled throughout. I really do love all the different colors I think it livens things up a little!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment