Monday, June 24, 2013

Filipino Chicken


I haven’t felt like cooking at all lately. I’m not sure why? I mean I LOVE to cook and I love trying out new recipes. Hello that’s why I started blogging, so I would have a place to record everything I was trying. Thank you Pinterest! But lately I just haven’t been feeling it?! So I’ve either been doing super simple recipes or sandwiches. I know so not being a stellar Mom these last few weeks. But I may be redeeming myself with this recipe. It’s actually an old favorite, that my Sister first made for us a long time ago and I make it fairly often now. She usually uses Chicken Thighs but I like Chicken Breasts better, so that’s what I use. I also double or sometimes triple the vinegar and soy sauce so that I have more sauce left when it's all made.

Here’s what you’ll need:
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or 8 Chicken Thighs
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1/3 cup Water
¼ cup White Vinegar
¼ cup Soy Sauce
2 Bay Leaves
1 tsp minced Garlic
¼ tsp Black Pepper
2 TBSP Red Chili Pepper or ¼ cup Toasted Coconut (both are optional)










Here’s how you make it:
In a large skillet brown the Chicken on both sides in the Olive Oil. Drain off the extra oil. Add Water, Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Bay Leaves, Garlic and Pepper to the skillet. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and let simmer for 30-35 minutes or until Chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove Chicken and place onto a platter, keep warm. Bring the remaining liquid in the pan to a boil for 3 to 5 minutes or until reduced to about ½ cup. Remove and discard Bay Leaves. Drizzle sauce over Chicken. Sprinkle with Chili Peppers or Coconut if using.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment