Monday, June 17, 2013

Drop Biscuits Muffin Style


My all time, hands down favorite-ist breakfast in the whole wide world is BISCUITS & GRAVY! I mean what’s not to love, fluffy biscuits, sausage gravy! Emmm… I used to order it out until my Grandma Charlotte told me not to order it at this one restaurant we were at because it may not be so freshL gross right? From then on I was always leery of ordering it in restaurants, if I was with her I would ask if it was ok to order it at the restaurant we happened to be at, if I wasn’t with her I just didn’t chance it, she was in the know on these things. I pretty much never order it out and so I only get it if I make it myself or if I happen to visit one of my parents and I manage to con them into making it for me. On one such occasion my Mom made it for me, but instead of traditional rolled biscuits she made drop biscuits, but not regular drop biscuits she put them into a muffin tin. I thought this was such a fun idea, so I decided to share the recipe/idea with you! Now you can use regular ol’ Bisquick if you want and I do a lot of the times, especially on a busy weekday morning. But if you want super yummy fluffy melt in your mouth biscuits make them from scratch with BUTTER you won’t be sorry!

Here’s what you’ll need:

2 cups Self Rising Flour

¼ cup Butter

2/3 cup Buttermilk

Kitchen Tip: No Buttermilk No Problem, add 1 TBSP White Vinegar to 1 cup Milk, stir and use as stated in the recipe.








Here’s how you make it:

Preheat oven to 450. Spray Muffin tin with cooking spray. Combine Flour and Butter mix together until it resembles small crumbs. Add in the Buttermilk and mix until just combined. Now for these drop biscuits just place a scoop of the dough into each muffin cup. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the top is a light golden brown. Let cool slightly before removing from pans and serve warm. These are great for biscuits and gravy or with a bit of homemade Jam or Jelly!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment