Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Operation Oraganize: Hall Closet


Last month I said I was going to get my Hall Closet organized. And guess what? I DID! I also said I was going to do my Master Bath and guess what? I TOTALLY DIDN'T! You thought I was gonna say I did right? Well you know how it is life gets in the way you have the best intentions and BAM you realize it's the end of another month and you didn't get everything on your to do list done! Well I just put it on next month's list along with the kitchen!
I had these great before Pics but my old phone seems to have eaten all my old pictures. Which is so annoying, and frustrating.


Here is the after picture. If you can imagine loads more junk in there then you get an idea of how awful it was!

The Closet:

It was being overrun by jackets and shoes and who knows what else. So I started by taking everything out and cleaning the shelf and vacuuming the floor. Then I went through each article of clothing or pair of shoes and got rid of anything that didn’t fit or doesn’t get worn anymore. There were 2 whole trash bags full of stuff to donate to Goodwill! Then I put things back in, in a more organized manner. All hats, and mittens and gloves were put into a bag and placed on the top shelf. Our Nebraska Snuggies are folded up and easy to get to when we are wanting to snuggle up on the couch. I'm thinking that I would love to put them in a Basket, maybe matching baskets, one for the blankets and one for the hats and gloves. An idea to tuck away for the future! Coats and jackets were hung up and shoes were paired up and placed on the floor. I would love to put them somewhere else but we have limited closets in this house so the Hubsters' shoes go in the Hall Closet! I think it looks so much better now and now I’m not embarrassed to open the hall closet!



ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment