Monday, May 6, 2013

Grilled Nachos



So I know I did a post Friday all about Cinco de Mayo and made some yummy tacos. But it’s hot here, like really really hot, well ok for us anyway. It is like 80+ outside and inside as well. Which I know isn’t that hot but here in the Pacific Northwest in early May it’s HOT! Now don't get me wrong I am LOVING this warm SUNNY weather and I'm hoping it is here to stay! Anyway, I had no intentions of turning on the oven or the stovetop. So what to do? My solution: make Nachos on the Grill! And ok I’ve seen this done before but never tried it, we did try pizza once and it was an epic fail. I mean dough was falling through the grill grates and everything it was not good! BUT these turned out great! And I didn’t have to make the house any hotter than it already is!

Here’s what you’ll need:

Tortilla Chips

Shredded Beef or Chicken (I used the Roast that I had from the Tacos)

Olives

Jalapenos

Shredded Cheese

Tomatoes

Guacamole

Sour Cream

Aluminum Foil

 



 



 
 

 


Here’s how you make it:

I used a gas Grill and turned it on Low. Layer two sheets of Foil on top of each other. Place the Chips, then the Meat, then the Jalapenos, and Olives onto the center of the Foil. Next sprinkle on the Cheese.  Pull up the sides of the Foil around the Nachos. With another sheet of Foil create a dome top. Place on the grill and close the lid for 5-10 minutes until the Cheese is melted. Remove from the grill and remove the Foil Dome. Top Nachos with Guacamole and Sour Cream and Tomatoes.

ENJOY!

2 comments: