Friday, May 17, 2013

Strawberry Stack Ups


One of my favorite things about Spring is when the Strawberries begin to be in season! I love when I walk into the Grocery Store and you can smell the berries. It’s like they are calling out to me buy me buy me… And of course then it makes me want Strawberry Shortcake. So I wanted to do a little spin on the Shortcake. I had some crescent roll dough sheets and I thought ok can I bake these up and use them as the shortcake?! So that’s what I did!

Here’s what you’ll need:

1pkg Crescent Roll Dough

1/4 cup Butter, melted

Cinnamon/Sugar

1qt. Strawberries, sliced

Sugar

Whipped Cream



Here’s how you make it:

Roll out the Crescent Dough onto a baking sheet. Cut it into squares. Brush the dough with Butter and sprinkle with the Cinnamon Sugar. Bake according to the package directions. Meanwhile Sprinkle the sliced Strawberries with about a tablespoon of Sugar and set aside.

To assemble the dessert:

Lay one piece of the dough on a plate, next spoon some Strawberries on top of the dough. Add another square on top of the Strawberries add a few more berries and then top with Whipped Cream and Serve.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. This looks soooo yummy! I'm excited to make it for a desert one night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come back and let me know how it turned out!

      Delete