Wednesday, May 22, 2013

DIY MIRROR REDO

I found this great mirror at Goodwill and it was only 5.99! It had some icky glue all around the outside but I knew that would come off and with some fresh paint this mirror would be awesome when I finished it! And just what I was looking for for my front entry way wall! I've been trying to get my house to have more of a style to it, does that make sense? I sorta of feel like we are stuck in a weird no style boring kind of groove. I think part of it is because we move so much and every house is different that I got into this thing where I just didn't want to try and figure out where to put things in a new house. Another part of my problem is that I have pretty eclectic tastes! Like I love Americana but also love Asian influences oh and did I mention my penchant for the bohemian hippyish style? So trying to pull that all together overwhelms me sometimes! And then I just don't end up putting anything out, which is boring and crazy! 

I got a new phone the other day and totally forgot to upload my pics which sucks so I don't have the before or during pics, Just the after ones. If I figure out how to upload them I will post them! But for now here's what I got!




So Here's what I did:

First I peeled the glue off of the mirror, to do this I just picked the glue off with my fingers, using my nail which if you have nice nails I don't recommend this I kinda no totally messed up my nails. A razor blade would probably have worked better and saved my nails! 

Make sure before you spray paint that you are in a well ventilated area and that you put down cardboard or something that will keep the paint off your floors!

I decided to try this silver metallic spray paint that I already had. I sprayed 3 coats.letting it dry between each coat. I wish it was a little shinier (is that even a word?) Anyways I like it better than what I had before.
Hopefully I figure out how to get the before photos loaded so you can see the difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment