Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Crayon Keeper



My youngest nephews birthday is coming up he’s gonna be 3 and I wanted to make something fun for him to use! I thought something to hold crayons and coloring pages would be great. I decided to use felt because I’m not the best seamstress and it required minimal cutting as well! My Nephews such a cute little guy, with enough energy to power a small country! I know my sister is always trying to find different ways to entertain him and I think coloring is a great way to get little ones to let out some creative energy. It is also a great way to get a few quite minutes. Plus who doesn’t like to color right?

Here’s what you’ll need:

Two sheets of contrasting felt (I used one stiff felt and one regular felt)

Thread (that matches the main color of your Crayon Keeper)

Velcro

Crayons

Note paper






 
 

Here’s how you make it:

Decide what color felt is going to be the outside. Cut the inside felt to 6 inches by 3 inches. Sew it onto 3 sides of the left inside of the main felt. Then sew up two areas, so that you are creating pockets for the crayons. This will give you 3 pockets that will hold approximately 2- 3 crayons each. Next cut a piece of the inside felt to 5 inches by 5 inches. Sew this on 3 sides  onto the right inside of the main felt. Leave an opening at the top to hold the paper. Use the felt that is left over which is about 6 inches by 8 inches. Attach pieces of Velcro to each side. Fold over and you have a great little crayon keeper for your little ones to use at home or when you are on the go!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment