Monday, February 11, 2013

Rustic Pasta


Valentines Day

We LOVE pasta in this family! If I hadn’t done the genealogy research myself I would think my husband was Italian! But nope he’s Irish and English and German! But he really likes pasta, like he could eat it several times a week maybe even everyday! I think pasta is a good dish for Valentine’s Day. For this dish I wanted to use a different shape of pasta, I mean there are so many out there and we always use the same ones over and over so for this dish I chose Cellentini.

Here’s what you’ll need:

Your favorite type of pasta

1 can diced tomatoes

1/2lb ground beef

1/2TBSP Dehydrated onions

½ TBSP Garlic Powder

½ cup Parmesan Cheese

1TBSP Italian Seasoning

Pinch of Sugar

Salt & Pepper to taste




 

Here’s how you make it:

In a large skillet brown the ground beef, add in the onions. Meanwhile in a sauce pan boil the pasta, strain when it’s done. When the beef is browned add in the garlic, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, sugar and salt and pepper. Stir and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add the pasta to the sauce and mix until it’s all mixed together. Serve with some crusty French bread and a salad!

ENJOY!

 

2 comments:

  1. Ok I'm gonna try this this weekend! Cause it sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post back and let me know how it turned out!:)

      Delete