Friday, February 15, 2013

Lemon Truffles


In December I showed you how to make Thin Mint Truffles. They are so good right? Did you try them? So I thought what’s something I haven’t seen that sounds good? Lemon Truffles! I know a fellow Army Wife who loves lemon desserts. So with her in mind I came up with this recipe. It also makes me think of spring and well honestly I’m so ready for spring and summer to get here! I’m ready for the warm weather to be here again! I kind of wish that winter was just until after Christmas, then it could go. Don’t get me wrong I love the snow and all the wintery stuff you can do in it, I’m just ready to be warm again! And it’s not like we even have snow here so far this year?! Crazy right? Oh well that’s me.

Here’s what you’ll need:

Lemon Crème Cookies, finely crushed

1 8oz package Cream Cheese, room temperature

16 oz White Chocolate chips or White Almond Bark




Here’s how you make it:

In a mixing bowl combine the crushed Lemon Cookies and the Cream Cheese, mix until everything is incorporated. Shape the cookie mixture into 1 inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Place the balls into the freezer for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile melt your chocolate chips, I like to use the double boiler method but you can also melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals be sure to stir the chips in between heating. When the Chocolate is melted take the truffles out of the freezer. And using 2 forks dip them in the chocolate until they are evenly coated. Roll the truffles along the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Place the truffles back onto the baking sheet and let set. You can sprinkle some lemon rind on them or some sprinkles, just remember to do it before they set up. Place them in the Refrigerator to harden quickly and then store them in a container until you are ready to eat them.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment