Friday, October 4, 2013

Peach Upside Down Cake


While my Sister was visiting she did some of the cooking which was so nice! Even better she did the dishes every day! I wish she lived closer! It was great having all the kiddos together to hang out for more than just a few hours at a time! We made some great memories and we are already planning next summers’ vacation, Road Trip anyone?! One night she made a Peach Upside Down Cake that was sooo good; I had to share it with you!  You could use other fruits and I think it would be great, Nectarines, Apples, Cherries maybe even Bananas?  I might have to give all of those a try! You could also use a cake mix instead of making the cake yourself! Oh and I don't have a pic tutorial because well, I was enjoying time with my Sis and the kiddo's, So I only ended up with the finished product! 




Here’s what you’ll need:

3-4 Large Peaches, peeled and sliced

3/4 cup Brown Sugar

3 TBSP Butter

Cake:

1 1/2 cups Flour

3/4 cup Sugar

8 TBSP Butter, softened

1 tsp Vanilla

 2 Eggs, room temp

1/4 tsp Salt

1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder

1/2 cup Milk, room temp

Cast Iron Skillet (or oven safe pan)

Here’s how you make it:

Combine the butter and brown sugar in the Skillet. Stirring until the sugar melts and it is bubbling, remove from heat and cool. Add the peaches in a circular pattern in the butter mixture. Cream together the Butter and Sugar. Add in the Vanilla and Eggs until smooth. Mix in the remaining ingredients for the cake and mix until combined. Pour the Cake batter over the peaches and make sure it is covering everything. Bake for 45-60 minutes at 350. Let cool 20 minutes and turn out onto a large platter. Slice and serve warm.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment