Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Resolution Update #10

I forgot to post a resolution update last month! Things have just been crazy busy and I sort of forgot! So I have to tell you all I'm so excited to be writing this post today! Since I made my New Years resolutions I've lost 27lbs! I'm beyond excited! It's the most weight I've ever lost! I've gone from wearing a size 2X top to being able to buy an XL! Now of course I can't wear all XL tops but for me trying that top on and having it fit! And look cute was so worth it! Now I still have a long ways to go until I'm where I want to be, like 50lbs more to go! But it was 75lbs! I'm a third of the way there! For me this is so awesome! I feel like I can see my goal and that I can achieve it!

The most exciting part is I lost the majority of those 25lbs while the Hubster was deployed, so he was surprised when he came home last week and it's a smaller me!
So I want to encourage all of you out there that are struggling with your own weight loss journey that it can be done! One more step and maybe one less bite at a time! 

What have I been doing to get to this place? It's easy, I've been working out at least 5 days a week! I'm making that a priority! If something happens and I can't get to the gym one day I make it up on the weekends! If I'm making plans with friends I let them know I can't do anything until I'm done with my workout! The not so easy part, and I really believe the biggest part, is what you are eating! I've struggled with this part for a long time. I don't do well with restrictive diets and I like to be able to eat what I want to eat, when I want to eat it. So I do, I just eat WAY less of it. No going back for seconds, use a smaller plate, and add more fruits and veggies at every meal. I still drink the occasional soda, but I try to limit that, I still eat chocolate, cause well I can't live without chocolate! But I just try to watch what I'm doing! And I drink a TON. OF. WATER! I try to get at least 64oz a day and most days I get somewhere between 72 and 96! I really think this helps with eating less and drinking less soda! 

As for my other resolutions, well... Ok so yeah the whole organizing thing isn't going so well! I've done a little in the kitchen, I did get rid of a bunch of utensils that I never ever use that were taking up space and I rearranged all my baking pans, but that's as far as it's gotten! 

Spending quality time with Man-Child, we haven't don't a lot lately, he has become quite the social butterfly and would much rather go hang out with his friends than with his Mom, which is great for him, me well I'm having a bit of a rough time with all this independence he's wanting! So I take our quality time in the amount that it's given, like working out together on a Saturday morning and then going to get a Starbucks after (which I know is totally counter productive) as Moms we have to take what we can get! Now that the Hubster is home though we have some really fun things planned! 

I hope you all have a great day and go one more step than you did yesterday!


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment