Monday, October 7, 2013

DIY Lotion Bars

*PLEASE EXCUSE THE WAY THE POSTS ARE LOOKING, MY COMPUTER CRASHED AND IM TRYING TO DO THESE WITH MY iPAD! *
Fall is well under way here in the Pacific Northwest and I am starting to look ahead towards winter. It may seem a little early to you. But before you know it we will be bundling up and our skin will begin to dry out. My Mom has really dry hands and every winter they get so dry that they crack and sometimes even bleed! OUCH right?! I am always getting onto her about moisturizing but even regular lotions don't seem to help. I'm pretty sure she's tried them all! So I thought I would try to make lotion bars for her and see if they would help!

Here's what you'll need:

8 oz beeswax
3.5oz Palmers Cocoa Butter
3.5oz Coconut Oil

Here's how you make it:

Place all the ingredients into a sauce pan over low heat. Heat until everything is melted. Stir and pour into your molds. Let cool completely before removing.
I used a silicone mold. I wanted to make smaller ones, you could use a cupcake tin with liners if you wanted. I thought small ones would make nice gifts and fit in your hands easily. I had just a little left over and decided that Man-Child and the Hubster might like to have one too, so I made a couple of football ones! 

Do you have any tips or tricks to keep dry skin at bay? Share your tips in the comment section!


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment