Sunday, October 20, 2013

Spicy Pumpkin Soup


Have you ever tried something that you were just sure you were going to not like and ended up loving it? That was me with Pumpkin Soup. I mean really it doesn't sound that good to me, or at least it didn't the first time I tried it! I was at a church lunch and one of the ladies had made a spicy Pumpkin Soup, which I was sure I wasn't going to like but I tired it and LOVED it! This was about 10 years ago and I can't believe that I am just now getting around to trying to recreate that recipe, why I never asked for her for it is beyond me! I hope you'll give it a try!

Here's what you'll need:

2 cans of Pumpkin Purée

2 cups Chicken Broth

1 Onion, chopped

2 cloves Garlic, minced (I just used the already minced jar kind)

2tsp Chili Powder

1/2tsp ground Cayenne Pepper

1cup Heavy Cream




Here's how you make it:

Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium heat. Combine the Onion and Garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent. Add in the Broth, Pumpkin and the spices. With an immersion blenders blend the soup mixture until all the onions are puréed into the soup and it is nice and smooth. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce heat and let simmer for 30-45 min. Just before you are ready to serve stir in the heavy cream. Garnish with a few shelled pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of heavy cream!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment