Monday, July 29, 2013

Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze


About a month ago I went to lunch with a couple friends and we went to this awesome little Italian restaurant. We ordered some Bruschetta and it was soo good they had drizzled a Balsamic glaze over the top and it was well it was just YUM! I can’t wait until the Hubster is back so we can go there for Date Night! He will love it! He LOVES Italian food. Of course I have to break him from saying (eye)talian. I don’t know why he says it like that? But it totally drives me crazy! How do you pronounce it? Anyway back to this Amazing Food. I decided to try to make a bruschetta with the Balsamic glaze. I used roasted red peppers, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. I wanted to keep it simple.

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 Baguette                  

Tomatoes

Roasted Red Peppers

Fresh Mozzarella

1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar

1/3 cup Brown Sugar

Salt and Pepper to taste







Here’s how you make it:

In a small sauce pan combine Vinegar and Brown Sugar, bring to a boil and then simmer until reduced by half, let cool. Meanwhile, chop tomatoes and red pepper, slice mozzarella into smaller pieces. Combine in a bowl and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Slice Baguette and top with tomato mixture. Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes until cheese is slightly melted. Cool slightly and then drizzle the Balsamic glaze over the top right before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment