Wednesday, July 10, 2013

DIY Pallet Ottoman



My friends and I saw a really cool ottoman on where else Pinterest! But it was linked to a website and cost over $300. So we decided to try and make one ourselves using a pallet. We had never made any kind of furniture before this, but I think we did a great job! The Hubster is an Engineer (Carpenter) and I think even he would be proud of this project. He said he liked it, but I think we will have to wait until he sees it in person to get a real feel for it!

Here’s what you’ll need to make a Pallet Ottoman

2 yds Decorator Fabric

Pallet                    

Batting

Foam Mattress Pad

Legs

Leg Fasteners (I don’t know what they are called really?)

Staples

Staple Gun

1/3 of a sheet of plywood

Nails









Here’s how you make it:

First clean your pallet with a bleach water solution and let dry completely. Then Nail the plywood on top on the pallet. Next place the Foam Pad over the pallet. Staple one side and then pull the Foam tight and staple the other side. You can flip it now and staple the rest of the Foam onto the Pallet. Turn back over and place batting over the Foam. Then Place the Fabric over top of everything. Staple one side and carefully turn the pallet over. Pull the fabric tight and staple all the sides. For the corners make a pleat and staple onto the bottom.

On each corner place a leg fastener and screw it into the pallet. Attach the legs, and make sure they are level. That’s it now you’re all done!

Just to forewarn you this makes a HUGE ottoman! You can cut the pallet down if you would like a smaller one! I love the size though! It doesn’t really have a place in the living room yet, but I know that when we build our “Forever Home” it will fit for sure ;)

ENJOY!











2 comments:

  1. I also made a pallet ottoman but I added wheels to the bottom and used 2 full size pallets for mine! :) I LOVE your fabric. I just started blogging this week, I am now following your blog! :)

    http://www.katiescrochetgoodies.com/2013/08/diy-pallet-ottoman-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking it out and for following! I'm still new to all of it too! learn as we go! I'm following you back!

      Delete