Monday, July 8, 2013

Copycat Recipe: El Pollo Loco's Avocado Salsa


Ok I have to admit something about this recipe, I’ve never been to El Pollo Loco, and it sounds awesome and if this recipe is anything actually like what they have then I’m betting that it’s an awesome place to eat! How I wish they had one here, so I could go try it. Have I mentioned that I love Mexican food? So I decided to try this recipe that I found in the book “Top Secret Recipes “

It just sounded awesome to me. I love avocados and I love salsa so what wouldn’t be good about this?

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 Avocado

1 Jalapeno

2TBSP Diced Onions

2 TBSP Cilantro minced

1TBSP Vinegar

1 cup Water






Here’s how you make it:

In a food processor or blender combine the Avocado, Jalapeno Vinegar and water puree until jalapenos are finely minced.  Stir in the Onions and Cilantro. I pureed them in a mason jar; did you know that a Mason Jar fits onto a blender? So then I just cover with a lid and place in the refrigerator until it’s ready to serve.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment