Friday, March 7, 2014

Healthy Desserts: Energy Bites


In my never ending quest to find a sweet treat that is not only good for you but tastes good as well, I found a bunch of recipes for energy bites. I'd had a version of these before, but I'd never made them myself. All I can say is YUM! Really these are super simple to make as well! Most of it is stuff that you probably already have in your Pantry. The other great thing about this recipe is that it is completely customizable to you and your families tastes.

They are great because they only have about 200 calories and they give you 5 grams of protein, per serving. A serving size is 2 Bites and the recipe makes about 24 Bites.

You can add different things to up the health factor like chia and flax seeds, use different nut butters to change the flavor up, or add in dried fruits to give it a little something extra! Whatever you like really can go in these.

Here's what you'll need:

1 cup Oats

1/2 cup Peanut Butter

1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds

1/3 cup Honey

1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (I used Mini Chips)

1TBSP Chia Seeds

1tsp Vanilla

Here's how you make it:

Combine everything in a mixing bowl until all the ingredients are incorporated. Let cool for 30 minutes. The scoop out and roll into 1 inch balls. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if I will make these not fond of pumpkin seeds and never had chia seeds but the rest of the ingredients sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use any seeds or nuts that you like, you can also add dried fruits!

      Delete