Friday, March 14, 2014

Seasonal Eating: Mango Peach Smoothie


This year is going by so quickly we are already a third of the way into it! Hard to believe right? I wonder if it’s just because we are getting older that time seems to go by so fast or if it’s just because of how busy our lives have gotten? I know we seem to be busier and busier every time I turn around! It’s almost Baseball season here too so that’ll mean we will be ever busier! We get a little break between football season and baseball season since those are the only 2 sports that Man-Child really plays. Which is kind of nice. Sometimes I wonder how Moms and Dads do it when their kids play every sport! I think it was back when Man-Child was in 5th grade that he did Football, Basketball and then Baseball, I was wiped out! It felt like we were always on a field or in a gym that year. It’s kind of nice that he plays School sports now, and the practices are after school, frees up a little more time for me!

So here we are in March and that means it’s time to check in and see what fruits and vegies are in season right now! As you can probably guess its slim picking this time of year. Only 2 fruits and 2 vegetables are actually in season right now.

Lettuce and Broccoli are the vegetables and Pineapple and Mango are the fruits. I decided to focus on the fruits this time and decided to make a smoothie. I used fresh Mango, frozen peaches and bananas. It's really refreshing, and light tastes a little like Summer to me!

Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup Sliced Peaches, frozen
1 cup Mango, cut up
1 Banana, frozen
1 cup Water

Here’s how you make it:
Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until everything is well mixed and smooth. Pour into a glass and Serve.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment