Friday, May 2, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake


If you follow me on twitter or Instagram you may have seen the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake I made for the Hubsters Birthday on Sunday. Usually he asks for a Chocolate Cheesecake which you can find HERE and this year he switched it up on me and asked for a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake.


 I’ve never made one and so I thought I’d give it a try! It was so good! It’s rich and peanut buttery and chocolaty all rolled into one! As I’m writing this post I’m actually wondering if it’s ok if that’s my lunch today. I’ve been known to eat cheesecake for breakfast before, not a chocolate peanut butter one but still. Ok so I probably won’t eat it for lunch but not because I don’t want to!


Ingredients:

4 pkgs Cream Cheese
4 Eggs
1 Cup Sugar
2 TBSP Cocoa Powder
½ Cup Peanut Butter
Reeces Peanut Butter Cup minis
2 cups Oreo Cookie Crumbs
1/3 cup Butter, melted

Topping:

1 cup Milk
1 cup Chocolate Chips

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl combine the cookie crumbs and the melted butter, mix until combined. In a large spring form pan pour in the crumbs and press them down so that they evenly cover the bottom and sides of the pan. Bake for 5 minutes, remove and let cool.

Meanwhile, chop ¾ of the bag of Peanut Butter Cups. Place the rest of the ingredients into the mixing bowl and stir until everything is combined and smooth. Then fold in the Peanut Butter Cups.

Pour the Cream Cheese mixture into the spring form Pan and bake for 25-30 min. The middle of the cheesecake should be set.

Let Cool then refrigerate overnight.

For the Topping:
Heat milk until it is warm but do not scaled it. Pour warm milk over the Chocolate Chips and stir until the chocolate is melted. Let cool slightly then pour over the top of the cheesecake. Top with remaining Peanut Butter Cups. Chill until ready to serve.


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment