Friday, May 9, 2014

Strawberry Shortcake


If you saw my post on Wednesday about a Mothers Day Evening Off, you know that I made a strawberry shortcake to go with the dinner. Well I didn’t really make it I bought pound cake and cut up strawberries! But still it’s like making it right? That was a post from last year and now I’m totally craving strawberry shortcake! My Grandma used to make her own shortcakes that were a kind of sweet biscuit. So I thought I would give that a try. 



Pound Cake is my favorite way to have strawberry shortcake because well I could just eat the pound cake all by itself but if you put strawberries on it then its healthy right? No? Oh well it’s still good right!



But I don’t have any pound cake in the freezer, and I haven’t found a great recipe yet either! So I thought I would try to make something similar to what my Grandma made. These are pretty close I think! And this would be a great dessert for Mothers Day!


Ingredients:
(recipe adapted from Bisquick.com)

4 cups Strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup Sugar
2 1/3 cups Baking mix (I used Bisquick)
1/2cup Milk
3TBSP Sugar
3TBSP Butter, melted
Whipped Cream (I didn't have any so I just didn't use it)

Directions:

Heat oven to 425 degrees. In large bowl, mix strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
In medium bowl, stir baking mix, milk, sugar and butter until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 6 spoonfuls.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Split open the warm shortcakes and top with strawberries and whipped cream.


Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Love strawberry shortcake can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it, try topping the hot biscuits with butter!

      Delete