Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mothers Day: Evening Off


*I thought I would share this post from last year again! I really think its such a great idea!  And now I'm hungry for both lasagna and strawberry shortcake!*

I was talking with my sister the other day about what we were getting our Mom’s for Mother’s Day. She was saying how she didn’t know what to get this year and I said why not either take Mom to lunch or maybe make her a dinner so she could have an “Evening Off” from cooking?! The more I was thinking about it I thought ya know what? That’s actually an awesome idea?! What could be better than having someone show up with a bag full of everything you need for dinner that night? So I thought I would show you what I would do if I was going to make an “Evening Off” from dinner gift Bag.


Here’s what you’ll need:

A Bag: Now you could just use a gift bag but I saw these great cooler bags in the grocery store when I was buying everything for the dinner and thought that it would be perfect. You could also use the grocery store insulated reusable bags that they have at all the stores now.

Main Dish: I chose Frozen Lasagna, why? Cause it’s easy and it’s always pretty good. However you could make something which would be EVEN better! I think my Sister is actually going to make a Turkey Spinach Lasagna with whole wheat pasta (which sounds awesome and I may have to steal the recipe)

Salad: I chose to use the salad bar at the Grocery store, but you could buy the bagged salad or make a salad.

French Bread: because Pasta without French bread I mean whats the point?

A nice Bottle of Wine (if they drink alcohol, if not maybe Lemonade or Iced Tea)

Dessert: I chose strawberry shortcake, using pound cake. I even bought the whip cream cause well yum! For the strawberries go ahead and cut them up and sprinkle a little sugar on them and put them into a container.


Don’t forget to include paper plates, plastic cutlery, and napkins. I mean if it’s truly going to be an Evening Off you don’t want them to have to do dishes right?


Just place everything in your bag and you are ready to deliver your gift of an Evening Off!

                                                          
                                                                    ENJOY!

2 comments: