Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DIY Twine Basket


I’m always looking for new storage solutions for all the stuff that we have. I love baskets and bowls, and anytime that I can get storage that is functional but looks good too I consider it a plus. So I decided to make my own storage. I needed a little basket for all my wax melts. They were just loose in my linen closet and every time I wanted a new one, I had to dig through the closet to find them. Putting them in a basket is a great solution.




It’s a really easy project too. Just a little time consuming. You will need twine, and E-6000 glue.






First tie a knot in the twine. Then rub some glue along the edges of the twine, keep wrapping and gluing in a circular pattern, until you have base that is the size you want. Then place the glue along the top of the twine and wrap the twine on top continuing to go up until it is the desired height. Cut the twine and glue the end down. I decided to make the basket a little more decorative and braided the twine and then glued it around the outside. Let dry then you are ready to use.




Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment