Monday, May 26, 2014

Strawberry Lemonade Beer

It’s Memorial Day! I hope in the midst of all the BBQ’s and parties that you go to today that you take a moment and remember what today is really about. A time to remember those who have gone before us, who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms. I think it’s important that we never forget the reality and the real cost of war. So take a moment and if you are so inclined say a little prayer for those who gave so much.


As Memorial Day Weekend has turned into a celebration with Family and Friends I thought I would share this drink recipe. Now I have a little disclaimer I HATE BEER! No really I never drink it, ever. I would rather not drink than drink a beer. But I thought what the hay I’ll give this recipe a try!


Strawberry Lemonade Beer, is so good! I was so surprised I was really thinking ugh I’m not going to like this there’s no way. But I DID! YAY! It’s a really light and refreshing drink!


Ingredients:

1lb Strawberries, sliced
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Lemonade
3 Beers (for a non-alcoholic version use ginger-ale)
Ice



Directions:

Place Strawberries and Sugar in a bowl and let sit to bring out the juices of the berries. Then mix with the lemonade. Pour in the beers and stir. Add Ice to glasses and pour the lemonade mixture over the ice. Garnish with Strawberries and Lemon slices.



Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment