Friday, May 16, 2014

Seasonal Eating: Cherries

Summers almost here! I can’t wait I’m really looking forward to this summer, it’s the first one since we moved to Washington that the Hubster will actually be home!! YAY!!



It also means that the Farmers Market is going to open soon! I LOVE THE FARMERS MARKET! There really isn’t much better than fresh fruit and veggies!



Our Farmers Market doesn’t open until June but I am enjoying the fresh fruit that’s in season and in the grocery store right now.



CHERRIES! I love Cherries! I don’t usually bake with them usually we just eat them all as soon as we get them! But I thought it would be fun to try to bake a dessert with them. As I was searching for a recipe I was surprised by how many were using canned cherries, I mean I use them too but it was hard to find a recipe that used fresh cherries! I finally found one HERE





Ingredients:

1/2 cup Butter

1 cup Brown Sugar

1 Egg

1 cup Flour

1 tsp Vanilla

1/4 tsp Salt

1 cup Cherries

3/4 cup Chocolate Chips


Directions:
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan.
In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter, the add in the brown sugar and stir. Mix in the remaining ingredients until combined. 
Bake for 25-30 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool and serve.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment