Wednesday, May 21, 2014

DIY Fire Starters


I can’t believe that this weekend is Memorial Day Weekend?! It’s the unofficial kick off of summer and man am I ready for it. I’m looking forward to so much, we have family coming to visit, and the Hubster is home for the whole summer and well its summer what’s not to love?


We are going to try and get some camping in this summer. We love to camp and it feels like it’s been forever since we went. Well because it has! If you are going to go camping this summer you will probably be making a camp fire. Is there anything more frustrating than attempting to start a fire? I always get so frustrated when I can’t get it to stay lit. The Hubster had a solution for me. Fire starters, made from egg cartons, sawdust/dryer lint, and melted wax.

I love this idea, basically it’s free. Everything I used would have otherwise been thrown away.

Here’s how you make it.


Take a cardboard egg carton, fill it with sawdust or dryer lint, pour melted wax over the top of everything, and let set up, store until you are ready to use. Then break a section off when you are ready to build a fire.


Place in the bottom of your fire pit, place your wood over top and light the fire starter! Then watch it BURN BABY BURN!






Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment