Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Button Bracelet


Remember when I said I love bracelets but hardly ever wear them? Well I'm making another one! I just can't help myself. This one is actually for my niece she loves all types of Jewlery. and I thought that she would love this bracelet. This is actually a pretty easy craft and would be a great project for someone who is learning to sew to practice their stitches on!

 

Fun Fact: The 1st buttons can be traced back to ancient Egypt.

 

 

Here’s what you’ll need:

 

1in wide Elastic

 

Sewing Thread

 

Needle

 

 Buttons in the colors & shapes u like.

 


Here’s how you make it:

 

 Cut a piece of elastic that is 2 inches longer than your wrist. Pick out the buttons you would like to use on your bracelet. Try using similar colors, buttons with the same theme (like flowers or bugs), or striped buttons.  Sew the first button on about 1 inch from the end of the elastic. Continue sewing buttons all over the elastic until it is covered EXECEPT for 1 inch at each end. Overlap the ends of the elastic, then use little stitches to sew your bracelet together. Sew over it again & again to make it hold. Cover the stitches by sewing on more buttons.    TIP: If using both shank & 2 or 4 hole buttons, sew on the buttons with holes first, filling in blank areas using the shank buttons.   

 
ENJOY!

3 comments: