Monday, April 29, 2013

Resolution Update: Da Bomb Salad


The weather here has been gorgeous the last few days and with this nice weather comes the reminder that the year is going by really quickly! As each month passes I feel like I am accomplishing less and less! As I get to the end of each month I sit here and wonder where the heck did the time go? Honestly though with the Hubster being deployed I am all too happy to have time go quickly! So how am I really doing with this whole Resolution thing? Here’s the update:

Getting Healthy: I’ve been hitting the Y at least 3 days a week this month! YAY! However I haven’t lost any more weight BOO! I’ve decided that I need to really watch what I’m eating and snacking on! I also am going to try and make sure I get my 8 8 oz glasses of water each day.

Quality Time: Man Child and I went on a Mother Son date to a Hibachi Japanese restaurant and it was soooo GOOOOD! And if you haven’t ever been to one check it out they are so much fun! Man-Child has liked going to them since he was little (like 3 or4)!

Getting Organized: Yeah so far this month that was a fail! I feel like when I’m busy or stressed the housework is the first thing to go?! Anyone else feel that way? This next month I plan on clearing out my Hall Closet and Master Bath.

So since it is so nice out I thought I would share a recipe that is Healthy and delicious! It’s also refreshing while being filling! This salad is so good you will be like that salad was Da Bomb! Or something like that! Any ways there are lots of ways you can change it up too I use mango for the fruit but have also used Nectarines and Apples. So mix in what you like and try it!

Side Note: Man-Child LOVES this salad!

 

DA Bomb Salad

 

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 Mango

1 Bell Pepper (I used the little peppers and used 3)

Tomatoes (fresh is best but I didn’t have any on hand so I used canned)

2 small Zucchini

2 Jalapenos

1 Red Onion

1 Can Corn

1 can Garbanzo Beans

1 can Black Beans

1 can Chicken (you can use leftover chicken too if you have it)
 


 
 

Here’s how you make it:

Chop up the Zucchini; Bell Peppers, Onion, Jalapenos, Mango and Tomatoes. Place them into a food processor or blender. Puree it. In a large bowl, combine the Corn, Black Beans, Garbanzo Beans and Chicken. Pour the Pureed mixture over the Beans and stir until combined. You can eat this by itself or with Tortilla Chips for a little something extra!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment