Monday, April 8, 2013

Philly Cheese Steak Pockets



When I was in high school I went to visit my step brother in Philadelphia. He took me to get Philly Cheese steaks and ever since I’ve been hooked. Of course none are as good as the ones you get in Philly. I don’t know why but it really is true. We make them at home all the time. I wanted to make them a little different this time and so I decided to put them into dough pockets. Which was a great idea and less messy! Which is always a good thing!

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 Package Steak Umms

1 Onion

1 Green Bell Pepper

1 Pizza Dough

Cheeze Whiz






 
Here’s how you make it:

Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Chop up the Pepper and Onion add them to a skillet that’s been heated over medium heat and sprayed with cooking spray. Sauté until the onion and peppers are tender. Add in the Steak Umms and cook until it’s no longer pink. Meanwhile roll out the pizza dough, now you can cut it into strips or do circles. It depends what you are going for. I liked the way the circles worked out better. Fill the center of the dough with the meat mixture, add in a spoonful of Cheese Whiz and fold dough over. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until dough is golden brown. Let cool and serve!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment