Friday, September 27, 2013

Feeding Soldiers: Applesauce Cake


This recipe is really similar to one my Grandma used to make but it’s a little different. I couldn’t find hers and this is my Great Aunts recipe so I thought why not give it a try! Applesauce Cake to me screams Fall! Anything Apple does. I know every ones all about the Pumpkin stuff right now but for me September is Apples, October and November are for Pumpkins, and I promise I’ll be adding to every ones already over loaded Pumpkin recipe lists but for now I thought a little Apple cake would be nice. We are doing the dinner for Fisher House again and an Applesauce Cake just seems so homey to me. I hope the families staying there enjoy it!

Here’s what you’ll need:




2 cups Unsweetened Applesauce

2 scant tsp baking Soda

1tsp cloves, cinnamon and all spice

1TBSP Cocoa powder

2 cups Sugar

½ cup Butter

1 cup Raisins

1 cup Nuts

3 cups Flour


 

Here’s how you make it:

Cream Butter and Sugar well, add applesauce, spices, coco powder and baking soda. Mix in flour and add raisins slowly. Pour into a greased 9x9 pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, or until done.



Enjoy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment