Monday, September 30, 2013

Recipe Fail: Crock Pot Oatmeal

Ok so you know how Facebook has all these recipes that people post? Well I've seen this one for an over night crock pot oatmeal. I thought I would try it out and see how it was. I mean it sounded good and looked delicious, plus breakfast all hot & ready when you wake up what's not to love about that right? Ok so this is the recipe as it's listed on Facebook. 

Place 2 sliced apples, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 

pinch salt in the bottom of the crock pot.


Pour in 2 cups of oatmeal, 2 cups of milk and 2 cups water.



Do NOT stir.


Cook overnight for 8 - 9 hours on low


I made it according to the directions, and well it was maybe one of the worst things I've ever tried! It definitely needs a little help! Here are the changes I plan on making:

Reducing the liquid by half, it was way too runny for me, however if you like your oatmeal a little runnier you might leave it as is, I however prefer my oatmeal a little a lot drier! 

I would also peel my apples, the recipe just says to chop them but leaving the skin on makes for a weird texture.

Finally I would add at least double the brown sugar, maybe double the cinnamon too! 

If you make this let me know how it turns out! When I make it again which will hopefully be this week I will let you know if the changes helped or if in my opinion this recipe is a complete loss!



Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment