Monday, September 16, 2013

Gloria's Ham Green Beans & Potatoes


Whenever I go home to see my Mom in Pennsylvania, I always ask my Grandma to make Ham Green beans and Potatoes! There is something about it that is just so good and comforting. I am looking forward to having it next summer. Which maybe it’s a weird thing to have in the summer cause it cooks all day when it’s hot out but Oh MY GOSH it is so good! And I don’t think my recipe comes close but it’s as good as it’s gonna get without her here to make it for me! The funny thing is, is that I don’t even really like Ham, But I love my Grandma’s Ham and the Ham in this recipe is sooo good!


Here’s what you’ll need:

½ Boneless Ham

4-5 Potatoes, peeled

1lb Fresh Green Beans (frozen will work but fresh are better)

½ tsp Parsley

1 tsp Onion Powder

1 tsp Celery Seed

Salt and Pepper to Taste




Here’s how you make it:

Cut up the Ham, and Potatoes place them in a large pot or crock pot. Add in the Green Beans, Parsley, Celery Seed, Salt and Pepper. Cover with water and cook over low heat until Potatoes are fork tender. Scoop out the Potatoes Ham and Green Beans; serve with a small amount of butter on top.

Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Grandma says it's looks delicious and she will gladly make it when you all come home, if she can remember how!! lol

    ReplyDelete