Monday, September 2, 2013

Tomato Zucchini Bake


Since Labor day is the unofficial end of Summer and I know here in our house today is literally the last day of Summer Vacation, as Man-Child goes back to school tomorrow HOORAY! Oh I mean I’m sure gonna miss him all day! Anyways, being that summer is almost over and that means all the goodies from the garden and Farmer’s Markets are almost gone, I thought I would share a great recipe with you, for you to enjoy the bounty of your harvest!

Here’s what you’ll need:

3-4 Ripe Tomatoes, chopped

2 zucchini, chopped

½ onion, chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

1 cup+ extra for topping shredded Cheese (I used Monterey Jack)

Salt and Pepper to taste.







Here’s how you make it:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until combined. Spray your baking dish with cooking spray. Place the Zucchini mixture into the baking dish and cover with Foil. Bake for 30 minutes, remove foil add cheese to the top and bake for another 15 minutes until the cheese is a golden brown. Let cool a few minutes and then serve.


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment