Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Homecoming Care Package



~I didn't realize it when I was planning this post that it would come out on September 11. It seems maybe a little ironic to be talking about my Husband coming home from a war, on the anniversary of the day the United States was attacked. I just wanted to take a moment on here and acknowledge and remember what happened and why we have been without our Soldiers. Take a moment today and say a prayer for the Families who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001, the families who have lost their Service member in the Wars since, and for our Country to never forget the sacrifices that were made that day! Gone but NEVER Forgotten~

Our Deployment is almost over. Just over a month or so left and I for one am so glad! I can’t wait to have the Hubster home again! To snuggle and cuddle with, to mow the lawn and rake the leaves! But seriously so glad they are coming home safe and sound! It’s really what I think every Military Spouse prays for every single day! I decided to put together one last care package. This one is kind of what you can expect when you get home/ what we want to do when you get home!

It can be hard for a Soldier to transition back into the routine of home life especially when things are different. For instance if you bought all new living room furniture or even rearranged things it make take him awhile to get used to it all! I didn't do any of that, and I usually don't, which is just my personal preference.  If you do and you haven't already you may want to include photos of the changes so he know what to expect! For us the Hubster has seen any changes to the house while we are face timing! For us one of the biggest changes is how much Man-Child has grown! 5inches in 9 months! I think that will be the Hubsters biggest thing to get used to!  :)

Next Man-Child and I both made lists of the things we are looking forward to doing when he gets home! I think this is a great way for your Soldier to have things to look forward to! I mean they usually are already excited to have a nice comfy bed to sleep in and a good hot meal. But I wanted to take it another step! We each did one thing for every month that the Hubster has been gone! Keep the list simple too though; you don’t want to overwhelm them with too many things. So some of the things are simple like watching a football game (GO BIG RED) and snuggling on the couch!

I also included things to make his long trip home more enjoyable! Like an iTunes gift card, so he can download a few new movies. Gummy Bears because well you he LOVES those, and a few other snacks to get him by.A couple magazines, notice the WOOD magazine? Yeah I'm hoping it'll get him motivated to want to build me something when he gets home! ;) Check back for Friday's Post, to get the recipe for Deployment Cookies!

This deployment has flown by and I for one am glad about that! I look forward to getting to know my Soldier all over again!


Enjoy

2 comments: