Friday, September 6, 2013

Zucchini Bread



I am having such a hard time getting into the swing of things with school starting. Anyone else with me on this? I mean I knew the new school year was starting, I thought I was all ready, BUT guess not. I’m not sure if it’s the early mornings, or the extra running around or what. All I know is I am hoping we settle into a routine soon! I honestly don’t know how Mom’s with more than one kiddo do it! Maybe that’s why we have an Only! Maybe if another kiddo was thrown in our little family mix it would be complete and total chaos!

Any who… A friend of mine gave me a gigantic Zucchini about a week ago and asked if I could bake her some Zucchini Bread. I finally got around to it the other day! This Zucchini is so big that I made 2 loaves of Zucchini Bread, and used part of it for dinner and still have a BUNCH left!

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 ½ cups Flour

1 tsp Cinnamon

½ tsp Baking Soda

¼ tsp Nutmeg

1 Egg, beaten

1 cup Sugar

1 cup Zucchini, shredded

¼ cup Oil









Here’s how you make it:

In a small bowl, combine the sugar, zucchini and egg. In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients and make a well in the middle. Pour in the Zucchini mixture and stir just until combined. Pour into a Loaf pan and bake @ 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds easy! Allison gave me a loaf and I loved it. The one girl at work made a dozen loaves of different kinds of Zucchini bread and I only tried the one without nuts it was delicious! Maybe next year I will have to try to make some!! I hear zucchini is good in stir-fry also any recipies for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really easy! I love Zucchini in stir fry, I would just slice it into thin strips and add it to whatever else you are using! :)

      Delete