Monday, October 15, 2012

Costumes


I asked my Niece and Nephews what they wanted to be for Halloween this year and they came up with some great ideas. My niece wants to be Juliette from Gnomeo and Juliette and my 2nd oldest nephew wants to be a Ninja! My youngest nephew didn’t really get a choice this time around he gets to be a Gnome! I decided that I was going to try and make their costumes from things I could find at Goodwill. I got super lucky with the Ninja costume I didn’t have to make anything for it! For the Gnome and Juliette costumes I only had to make the little Gnome hats!

Here’s what you’ll need:
                                                  The Gnome Hats and Apron
                                                        Juliette Costumes
                                                                Gnome Costume
                                                                    Ninja Costume
Gnome Costume:

Pants

Plaid Shirt

Belt

Boots

Felt (for the hat)

Juliette Costume:

White top

Black tank Top

Gold Puff Paint

Red skirt

Felt (for the hat)

White fabric for the apron

Ninja Costume:

Black pants

Black top (I lucked out and found a Karate Gi Top)

Face mask (again I lucked out here)


Here’s how you make it:

I only actually made 4 things for these Costumes. The hats for Juliette and the Gnome For those you cut out 2 rectangles per hat. Measure the size of the child’s head and cut eat triangle to be half that size. So each triangle for mine was about 10.5 inches which will be a total of 20 inches after I sew them together. It’s just a simple stitch around both sides!  For the belt for my little Gnome I used a piece of blue fabric and a piece of yellow felt. I sewed the blue fabric to the size of the wait on the pants. I cut a rectangle out of the yellow felt and then cut two slits in it for belt to go through! The Apron of the Juliette costume was made from white felt. I cut it about the size of the skirt and the shape of the skirt. I then cut 2 strips and sewed them on to the top of the Apron for the strings.For the Tank top all I did was add a little puffy paint to look like buttons and thread! These were so easy and CHEAP! I hope to add the pictures of the kids in the costumes later this week! I just sent them their Costumes and they haven't gotten them yet!

Enjoy!

 

1 comment: